Skip to main content

My First Blouse - Lacey Bib Blouse

I've always wanted to make my own blouse, but everytime I started, the idea was just lost. I bought 2 fabrics for this purpose on my last visit to KK, but still, I got no motivation, ideas whatsoever. Been sketching dress patterns, measuring my own body only-God-knows how many times, been surfing for the simplest patterns on the net... I am ALMOST gave up. But then I remembered, I got no clothes to wear on this Xmas vacation with the In-Laws.... Rummaging at my wardrobe, I learned that my new clothes are shrinking in size!!! (Ok, yes, it is me whose put up some weight, SOME ok...). Whenever they fit on my top, they'll be exxxtra fit on my middle part! And it ain't pretty......


So, I proceed with sketching and measuring.... until one day, my mom saw me struggling with my own body pattern.

(In Kedayan language)

Mama : Bahapa kan kau Nong?
Aku : Ani, mengira2 ukuran badan, kan membuat blaus.
Mama : Aduh, nda jua payah hantap.

Aku : Payah eh. Mama camana membuat ukuran?

Mama : Mun mama, ikut saja ukuran baju yang sedia, yang mimang ngam arah badan. Nda jua payah tu....

Aku : (-_-)

Aku : Camana buleh aku nda pernah terfikir pasal atu ah??????



Then my mom went on and saying that was how my late Grandma made her own clothes. And how my aunt Amit (my dad's sister) unstitched her favorite clothes to take the measurement. Hehehe... It is funny, the old folks way. Suddenly, I realized that I came from a family who sew. I am happy that I got something in common with my late Grandma.



And right after that conversation, my mind opens up! This is the result, my first blouse.



I tried to make a simple, but wearable blouse, hence, the design. My biggest problem would be on the middle part of my body, so I made maternity-like blouse. My first attempt would be the square bib on the chest. Not brave enough to make a round one. Haha!!





This white cotton lace I got from my mom's stash, coz I got no time to buy them.

I am satisfied with this one, only the measurement is a bit fit. But I definitely gonna wear them next week :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

♥SewMeHappy♥ 1st Birthday Giveaway!!

Yeay!! I am so excited to organize my very 1st Giveaway! Since November is my birth month, I am feeling generous. I've been blessed so far with happiness, families, health, work, and now, my small (perhaps tiny) business which I truly love. No, I am not getting any richer, I am still living a modest life. I am just being thankful to Allah. And thankful to my families, friends and customers for supporting what I've been doing. Alhamdulillah. "Earn Your Money Doing What You Enjoy Doing, And You Will Have A Joy Filled Life" Okay now, how to enter? Very simple, as I am, a very simple person (◡‿◡✿). 1. Become my follower (on the left side of this blog) 2. Leave your Name and Email Address on the comment box below this post (VERY IMPORTANT) That's it, you're done. Okay, some more T&C...... 1. Open to ALL with address within Malaysia 2. Two winners will be picked randomly using random.org 3. Participation will be closed on 28th NOVEMBER 2011 (MIDNIGHT) 4. Draw...

RUMAH TAK MESTI BAHAGIA - Novel Arif Zulkifli

Sewaktu ku melewati rak-rak buku di Perpustakaan Awam Labuan (PAL) dengan cepat kerana suami menunggu di dalam kereta, aku ternampak sebuah buku yang terlentang di atas rak. Ia sebuah novel melayu dan aku terus membaca sinopsis dan melihat tahun terbitan. Tahun 2023!   Apa yang menarik minatku adalah warna cover novel iaitu pink. Dan, penulis novel adalah lelaki. Rasanya ini baru pertama kali ku membaca novel genre kehidupan bahasa melayu yang ditulis oleh lelaki. So I gave it a try. I really wanna see how penulis lelaki mengolah ayat di dalam tulisannya. So I grabbed the book with 2 other books dan turun ke tingkat bawah untuk meminjam buku. 2 buku lain tu bertajuk KEBAYA TALES by Lee Su Kim dan PUAKA BUNDLE by Ayda Arianna (so RANDOM, I know).  Abi Umi ni tak pernah faham Ain! Semua pilihan Abi dan Umi, tak pernah Ain bantah walau sekali. Namun setiap kali Ain suarakan keinginannya, semuanya ditentang. Sehingga ada rahsia yang Ain pendam daripada pengetahuan Abi dan Umi...

Selamat Pengantin Baru, Bro!

Assalamualaikum wbt. 27 Oktober 2017, tahun lepas,  abang sulung ku KAWIN!! Hoyehhh!!!!! Alhamdulillah.. Congrats Bro and wife, Emy. Semoga bahagia dan berkekalan hingga ke akhir hayat. Dalam kegembiraan, terselit juga kemabukan. Perjalanan menuju ke rumah pengantin perempuan, aduhai... Jauh ya amat. Dari Nilai ke Serting Hilir, Bandar Seri Jempol, Negeri Sembilan. Timing penerbangan pun tidak ngam. Mabuk la jawabnya. Tapi setiba di kampung kak ipar, best pulak rasa. First time masuk Felda. Rumah rapat-rapat dan tersusun. Tapi boleh tersesat la juga. Haha.. All in all, best family trip! Walaupun penat melayan kanak-kanak riang, kemi tetap ENJOY!! Selamat pengantin baru Bro, and welcome to the family Kakak Ipar (^_^) P/S: In this photo, I only jahit baju kurung lace yang my sister and I pakai tu.